MAEVE

MAEVE

Sunday 23 August 2015

New Cards, More Card Requests & Plenty More Random Acts of Kindness Going On!



Hello again,

Kindnesses Distributed

I've been on holiday but that hasn't slowed things down at all - we gave out free ride tokens at Clacton Pier, gifted money for kids to play (age appropriate) video games at a Soft Play in Lowestoft and gave the elderly lady who lives next door to our holiday cottage all the bacon, eggs and ice cream that got through the week unopened, each time sharing Maeve's story and, hopefully, bringing little rays of sunshine to the recipients' days.

Kindnesses Received


I am also planning to send a gift to the man who helped me and my daughter when we ran out of petrol - my Sat Nav had the garage where he worked on its system as a petrol station but sadly, it no longer sells petrol and the nearest one was beyond the reach of my car's tank; as if it was the most natural thing in the world, he drove off in his own car with a little can, filled it with petrol, poured it into my tank and refused any payment. I don't know his name but I know where he works:

FORBOURN MOTORS LIMITED
MOT and Car Servicing Garage
HIGH STREET THORPE LE SOKEN CO160EA

Now I have more cards, he will be receiving something soon - he really saved us from a tight spot and made sure that my daughter got her longed for day at the beach!

More Cards Ordered & Received - More Cards Requested and Sent Out




I have received four more requests for cards, which was timely, because 200 new cards were waiting for me at home when I got back today - and here they are :-D

 


I was given permission to share one of those requests with you today - I have more I'd love to share but naturally, I must get the permission of the individuals involved first....

"[Jess and] I grew up together when she and her brother used to holiday in apartments where we lived in Mallorca [...] Please could you send me a few cards [...] I feel a bit gutted as I had a great opportunity today, I met a lovely autistic boy, he patted my son on the head so gently, like a grandad would, his dad was wearing an autistic charity t-shirt, such a lovely moment, I wish I could have made it a Maeve moment, [...] it made me realise you have to do it right away, when the moment takes you!"        

Kelly Shadbolt, 23/08/2015


Jess reports that she has given out cards to other businesses local to her, such as her hairdresser's, and so some lucky clients will enjoy a free hair cut courtesy of Maeve.

Thank you to everyone who has got in touch - I am sending out the cards as fast as I am able - please do use them and either comment on this blog, post to our FB page or email to themaeveeffect@yahoo.co.uk and let us know what you did and, if you know, how your kindnesses were received.

Likwise, if you have found this blog because you have received one of Maeve's cards, we'd love to hear from you too via any of the aforementioned channels.

Take care everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment