MAEVE

MAEVE

Friday 16 October 2015

Maeve Day: Today Maeve Gave Out Tiny Teddy Chocolates in My Office


I haven't been on the blog for a while - I've been quite active on the FB page of the same name as this blog, and really I need to look into how to post to this page from my phone, as it's hard to get PC time to regularly update this place lately, and I do really want to.

I have had people doing acts of kindness and even people getting in touch who have received them. I have their lovely words and pictures and I will post them here, I have just let life get a bit too busy and I need to carve out some admin time to come here and post - after all, that was the point.

So I'm sorry about that.

Apologies to one side, important as they are - something more important presses in - today is the 16th of October. It is another Maeve Day.

I had planned to give out Lindt teddy bear chocolates at work, to leave them on desks with cards. And just as I was doing this I rememberd we have a pregnant lady here. That stopped me in my tracks. Would it be fair to ambush her with a sweet and then hit her with a card about baby loss, albeit with good intentions? Was it ok to do this? I wanted to make people smile, to tell them about Maeve...ideally if they cried it would be in a happy/sad way, not in a 'suddenly fearful for my baby' way :-S

As it happens she was next in the office after me, so I decided to ask her if it would be ok to give out chocolate bears in memory of Mave. She immediately said it would be fine, that it was a lovely idea and that she knew someone who had also lost a baby.

So it all worked out ok.

Today I will be thinking of Maeve and her family - I do that on and off all the time but particularly I shall think of them today xxx

(Posted by Ila Sirrah)

No comments:

Post a Comment