MAEVE

MAEVE

Monday 10 August 2015

Random Act of Kindess - Last Week, Maeve helped a lady with her shopping

 [This is not the lady in question - this is a picture I took off Google]

Hello again, it's been a while between posts - I'm afraid the school holidays and the mayhem that ensues (the planning alone has had me gasping for breath at the end of the day!) has quite taken me over! However, last week, unplanned as it was, Maeve (through me) helped an elderly lady with her shopping. Well...just the end part - I had put all my enormous shopping onto the conveyor belt and she was struggling with her basket of a couple of items but made as if to to wait behind me. It was a small thing that anyone would do - I know that. It's not such a big deal - I let her go ahead of me. What transformed that small deed for me, and who knows, perhaps for her - was giving her one of Maeve's cards; she exclaimed 'Oh! Maeve! What a lovely name!' and she moved on. One more little kindness in the name of little Maeve. Another person has said her name out loud. Objective achieved!

Making 16th of the Month a Maeve Day

I have been thinking about how difficult it is to spontaneously help people. I mean, sometimes you can do it, but I had been hoping to do this stuff more regularly and to put a bit of planning into it. So I decided to try to do at least one thing (and possibly more than one,) every 16th of the month - Maeve was born on the 16th. I checked this idea out with Jess and she was cool with it. And so we're off! This Sunday is a Maeve Day - 16h August. I'm plotting! And so is Jess! Anyone else want to join in? I have cards to give out, and when we run out of those, I'll get Jess to pick out some designs and wording for some new ones! Just email me your address  - themaeveeffect@yahoo.co.uk - and I'll send them - FREE - just promise to USE them, ok?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment