MAEVE

MAEVE

Thursday 18 June 2015

Random Act of Kindess - Paid for a stranger's parking




I paid for a lady's parking in St Albans town centre today.  I had to lurk by the machine for a while - waiting. I felt glad I had my phone as I could pretend to be waiting for someone...well, I was waiting for someone, I just didn't know who! My heart was beating fast, I was so nervous! What if she wouldn't let me pay? What if she thought it was some kind of scam? I stepped up as she rummaged in her purse, and said 'Excuse me, I know this may seem a bit weird, but can I pay for your parking, please?' She looked slightly non-plussed but then brightened, smiled and said "How lovely!", took one of Maeve's cards, wished me a good day and that was that!

I felt absurdly happy all the way home!

This is fun!

If she finds her way to the blog, thank you for letting me pay for your parking. It may seem bizzare to you but it meant a lot to me! I hope you liked hearing about Maeve, and will consider doing a small service for a stranger in her name sometime soon :-D

OK! What should I do next?

Ideas welcome....

No comments:

Post a Comment